Friday, July 24, 2009

The Power of 15 Minutes

Have you been feeling overwhelmed by something that you despair will never get done? Maybe it's cleaning out the hall closet, weeding your flowerbeds, or clearing the pile of clutter off your dining room table.

In one of my desperate searches for tips on how to get organized, I discovered the Power of 15 Minutes. You can get a lot done in 15 minutes. Take a small project, or a piece of a bigger project, set a timer, and get as much done as you can. Then sit down with your book and cup of tea and congratulate yourself for accomplishing something that you have wanted to get done for a while.

When I tell myself that "it will only take 15 minutes", I am much more likely to get it done than telling myself "I'll do it tomorrow when I have more time." And I don't know about you, but getting things done makes me feel pretty darn good. I get a lot more accomplished in pieces of 15 minutes than any other way.

0 comments: