Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Homemade Baby Cereal

Under the category of "Duh..." I just discovered today while watching the Duggars on TV that I could actually make my own baby cereal at home, using organic and whole grains. For those of you who already knew that and are wondering where I've been, then all I have to say is, "Why didn't you tell me??" For the rest of us, I'll share a link to wholesomebabyfood.com and a recipe for brown rice baby cereal to start us off:

Rice Cereal using "powder"
for babies 4 to 6 months +

Ingredients:

1/4 c. rice powder (brown rice ground in blender or food processor)
1 cup water

Directions:

1. Bring liquid to boil in saucepan. Add the rice powder while stirring constantly.
2. Simmer for 10 minutes, whisking constantly, mix in formula or breast milk and fruits if desired
3. Serve warm.

0 comments: